Here at The Zubin Foundation we want everyone who comes to us for support or assistance, or otherwise uses our services or supports our work, including via our website, to understand how we use your personal data. The following privacy notice explains this.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
The Zubin Mahtani Gidumal Foundation Limited (together, "Zubin", "we", "us", "our") may collect, use, keep or share personal data about you.
This information may be collected from you:
- directly, for example, when you contact us or use one of our services such as Call Mira, when you complete any client intake form and during meetings or calls with you, if you make a donation, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in a survey or if you volunteer or intern with us;
- when you interact with us through third parties, for example, when you make a donation via PayPal or other third party providers;
- when you use or access services operated by our trusted partners; and automatically from your computer or mobile device when you access our website or other services online.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
Depending on our relationship with you, we may collect the following types of personal data:
- your name, age, gender and date of birth;
- your contact details (such as your address, email address or telephone number);
- your HKID number and information about your residency status;
- your nationality and ethnicity;
- information about your qualifications and employment history;
- information about your family (such as whether you are married or have children);
- information relating to any social support you may receive;
- information relating to your physical and mental health;
- your photograph or image;
- if you make a donation, your bank account and financial information; and
- if you apply to volunteer or intern with us, your CV/resume
You do not have to provide us with this data, but we may not be able to provide our services to you, or otherwise consider or respond to your enquiries or requests, if you do not provide certain information (that we will tell you we need you to provide).
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We collect and use your personal data to:
- provide our services to you, including to provide you with access to our professional support advisors, translators and other support and legal professionals, and to keep a record of the services we provide to you;
- communicate with you and respond to your enquiries, requests or feedback;
- (with your consent) provide you with our newsletter and information related to our campaigns, initiatives, research, opinions and news, seminars, fundraisers, events and opportunities or ways you can support our work;
- if you apply to volunteer or intern with us, to process your application, assess you suitability for the role and, if successful, to manage our relationship with you;
- process any donation or other payments;
- help us monitor and improve our services (including for research and training purposes);
- administer our website and ensure it runs effectively;
- fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations and comply with requests from the courts, government and regulatory authorities;
- for our internal auditing purposes; and
- for any other purpose to which you consent.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal data for the same purposes with:
- counsellors, therapists, translators or other support professionals, so they can support the services we provide to you;
- other third party service providers who provide services to, or on behalf of, Zubin;
- legal advisors and law enforcement agencies where necessary (for example, where there is an imminent danger your safety, or where we are required to disclose information by law); and
- other third parties at your express direction.
Sometimes our website contains links to third party websites. These websites are subject to separate privacy policies and terms and conditions. Please ensure that you have checked the terms which apply before you provide your personal data to such third parties.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We take reasonable measures to ensure your personal data is accurate and secure. We will keep your data for as long as required for the purposes outlined above, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with laws and regulations which apply to Zubin.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time. Where we make significant changes we will notify you of these changes in advance and, where required, we will ask for your consent to these changes.
HOW DO YOU FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION
For further information about how we process personal data, to access or correct your personal data, or to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages, please contact Sandy Chan, Project Director by emailing email@example.com.
(Last update on 7 April 2021)