#WeAreOneHK in Schools Racial Awareness Week | 21-25 March, 2022
21 March is the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD). To mark this day, The Zubin Foundation is seeking to raise the awareness of everyday racism in Hong Kong. We are asking Schools to show support by celebrating Racial Awareness Week from 21-25 March.
How Can You Participate?
Customised Staff Training
Improve your staff’s understanding of how racism manifests in schools and classrooms and how it affects children. Send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen and Learn: Calling Out Racism
How Racism Affects Children and Schools Date: 21 March 2022 | Time: 4.10 – 5.10 pm | Place: Online. Invite your students (14-18 yr) /parents/staff to join our free webinar supported by SCMP Events to hear about what racism may look like in Hong Kong and how to manage it. Students will be required to pre-register. Limited spots are available. Only students aged between 14-18 yr can attend this session.
Registration closed on Sunday, 20 March.
- Theresa Cunanan, Senior Lecturer, College of International Education, Hong Kong Baptist University. (moderator)
- Angela Kaur Baura, Parent of students who faced ignorance and bullying for their faith and skin color
- Bushra Khaliq, Parent of a young student who goes to a local Chinese-speaking school
- Eric Wang, Head Prefect at King George V School
- Madhu Mirpuri, Parent of a young student who doesn’t want to be Indian so he can “fit in”
Inclusive Design Contest: Design the Next Zubin Cracker
Children aged 5 to 13 are invited to create a winning design for the next Zubin Cracker. This is your chance to have your art on over thousands of individual Zubin Crackers, your profile made public and to contribute to Hong Kong’s ethnic minorities at the same time. Click here to learn more, click here to download the white paper.
Vibha Karnik | email@example.com | 5334 4610